Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
93 vette motor in 95 caprice

Okay so I hve some good news!!!!! My buddy has a wrecked 93 vette nd he want to sell the engine/tranny. I'm lookin to buy it to put in my 95 caprice! Would it be a direct swap????????

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
What year of Cappy? Regardless, it's definitely doable. The engine and trans are basically a bolt in swap, just a question of your wiring/electronics, hence the question of year.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Engine is a direct swap, although at the very least, you should consider installing:

1. Your intake manifold from your Caprice....the '93 intake isn't compatable with your fuel rails;

2. A mild performance cam that's more appropriate for a 4200 LB B-body (I recommend the Comp Cams 501 or, if you can find one, a Crane 227 cam);

3. Use your current accessories and brackets;

4. Don't bother with the transmission......I'm pretty certain the 93's had the 4L60 (not a 4L60e) and not worth the hassle if installing.

KW

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Dont know your engine situation but you could probably rebuild your engine with less hassle. -Josh

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
2. A mild performance cam that's more appropriate for a 4200 LB B-body (I recommend the Comp Cams 501 or, if you can find one, a Crane 227 cam);
KW
I would also set the cam/timing chain/cover up for a vented optispark.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I'd expected the year to be the same or older than the vette when I asked. Seeing it's a 95 then unless he's got a blown motor or a 4.3 I'm not sure what the advantage here would even be... That said, it's pretty much plug and play. Just use all the accessories and electronics from yours(if it's a 350) and you're good to go.

Cam and Opti updates are good ideas as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Need to reuse your caprice crankshaft hub as well. btw people will pay good money for a complete corvette accessory setup so don't throw anything away. The corvette layout is a lot easier to swap into older cars.
Trans on the 93 Corvette is indeed a 4L60 and the Corvette tailshaft housing is different from the b-body. Also 93s are speed density (no MAF) so reuse your caprice wiring harness/ ecm. Basically I'd use the corvette block and heads, caprice everything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts