Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put a engine trans from a '95 fleetwood in my '94 cap wagon. Will I have a problem with the lockup circuit difference between the PWM solenoid in the '95 and the standard on/off control in my pcm? I have tunercats and a laptop so I can correct this but I would need a tune for a '95 to get me started. Can anyone help me out? Will this end up frying my torque converter clutch or the solenoid? I've been keeping my trans in D and driving slowly to avoid the lockup altogether. It sure would be nice to be able to drive her to work again though.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So from what I gather I will have no lockup if i drive the way it is? This won't cause any damage to anything in the trans will it? I have no problem going in there and staking the valve but not this morning. I just needed to know that I could run it in 4th without having to worry about burning up a pwm solenoid by running it full open all the time. I didn't know that it was an extra solenoid. I should be able to drive on it for a few days with no lock up and be just fine. I only go about 15 mi to work and most of it is traffic anyways. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Well I don't want to give any bad info but I was told that for transmission swaps you can put a 96 or 95 in a 94 but you can't put a 94 in a 95 or 96. Am I wrong?
Someone chime in here before we give anymore bad info & have to hear about for the next 20 posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts