Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of a cross-post from my introduction post but think it may be more pertinent here:

I...know the basics but wondering if there's a resource that breaks down by RPO codes etc..

I'm looking for a link (if avail.) to a FAQ or knowledge base that puts it all together.

Some things I "think" I know (please add or correct me if I'm wrong so far):
'94:
- Stalk mounted rear view mirrors (VS later pillar mt.)
- Black only
- Column shift w/ floor console

'95-96:

- A-pillar mount mirrors
- The 2 additional color options

'96
- Floor mount shifter/console.

- Analog VS prev. digital gauges.

Were there different options (RPO) codes available within the SS package? For example:
- Moonroof?
- Rear gear ratio(s)?
- Different interior options (cloth/leather)? ..availability w/ particular color?
- HD cooling?
- Etc etc..?
- Any options/years more or less desirable for some reason?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,291 Posts
This is a bit of a cross-post from my introduction post but think it may be more pertinent here:

I'm looking for a link (if avail.) to a FAQ or knowledge base that puts it all together.

Some things I "think" I know (please add or correct me if I'm wrong so far):
'94:
- Stalk mounted rear view mirrors (VS later pillar mt.)
- Black only

'95-96:

- A-pillar mount mirrors
- The 2 additional color options

'96
- Floor mount shifter/console.

- Analog VS prev. digital gauges.
Yep.....that's pretty much it.

Were there different options (RPO) codes available within the SS package? For example:
- Moonroof?
- Rear gear ratio(s)?
- Different interior options (cloth/leather)? ..availability w/ particular color?
- HD cooling?
Nope......no moon roof (all you've seen are aftermarket) and all other features above for the Impala were "one off"....as in......they were all the same for all Impalas.

KW

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
The PASS seat being power was an option, but most have it. i have seen only one without it.

The power antenna was an option and most have it, i have seen only one car with a non-power antenna.

-ALF out....

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for: Impala SS Frequently Asked Questions List
The technical archives are a good addition to the FAQ posted above. Be aware that the hot links in the goldsswagon site don't work in these 2 docs, you just need to scroll through the doc files to get to the info.

Impala SS Technical Archives

In addition to those 2 very good docs is the qalo's SS Handbook. It is linked in this website along with a bunch of other useful tech docs....happy reading. :nerd:

GRAIL - Tech / Documents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts