Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a used 94 9c1 pcm, could i just directly plug it inplace of my 95 caprice's? or does it need to be programed and what not first. iwas thinking of selling one of them, just not sure if i should keep the civi caprice one or the 9c1... not even sure if they are different. thanks

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The car will run with plug & play, but the speedometer will likely be wrong. I believe the TCC will work with a '94 PCM in a '95 car, just not the other way around.

I'd get it programmed.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so im thinking i should just send it in and get it tuned then sell my original after the tuned one comes back.
IIRC pcmforless was the most common correct??

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Depending on your situation, and future plans with the car, you may want to simply keep the extra PCM for a rainy day. The most you're going to get out of it is about $75. When you NEED one, you'll find a spare to be priceless.

I would ship off the 9C1 one for a good tune and keep the stocker in a box in case of future trouble, or if you decide to sell the car, and want to put it back to stock first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.