Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed my fuel pump over a month ago and since it's been running fine, but NOW I have another problem!
Lately it's been bogging out on me every time I make a right turn? And tonight it actually died on me in traffic. It would start right back up, but would die again when I turn my headlights on!.

Any suggestions would help!

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
I changed my fuel pump over a month ago and since it's been running fine, but NOW I have another problem!
Lately it's been bogging out on me every time I make a right turn? And tonight it actually died on me in traffic. It would start right back up, but would die again when I turn my headlights on!.

Any suggestions would help!
As Don mentioned, it could be fuel related. With it now dead....do you hear the pump prime with keyon? It is very possible that the wiring in the tank is toast and missed on the previous FP repair. This exact thing got me once after a pump replace and days later it failed again.....similar symptoms. Get a pressure check and go from there, the next steps would be the diagnostic thread posted in the stickies. If fuel looks good I would be leaning toward something electrical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts