Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brothers 9C1 stalls every once in awhile. I looked under the hood and his positive battery post has the extra long bolt on it so the posi cable isnt secured to the batt. so i figure that should get changed. Duh. So after we figured out the problem we started to see why the fans wont turn on and my brother happened to move the wires that come from the back of the water pump and the car idled down as if it were going to stall. the wires go over the pass side valve covers and dont evan have any of the black insulation aroumd the wire for about 4 inches from the connector. I was thinking maybe those wire are no good now and he would have to get those replaced. Was also thinking that could be the real reason the car stalls. anyone ever have a problem with this before.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Depending which wires they were they could be going to the injectors or the opti spark. If any of those are loose or going bad they could definitely lead to a stall.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Pic? But that sounds like the Optispark harness.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you guys are right. Is that like a custom type repair where you have to get a mechanic who has electrical skill to replace each wire on the harness or can the opti spark harness be purchased whole.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts