Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can lead me in the direction as to where my problem is. When I turn my ignition to run or backwards to run the accessories, the wiper motor fuse blows with a distinct pop and a bright blue flame. It blows instantly. I have changed the wiper motor, the module on top of it and tried every possible combo of hooking up a new motor, old module, etc. Even left the module off with motor only plugged in and it blew on the old and new wiper motor. What can the problem be? In the switch on the turnsignal? Thanks.

Jason Labay Akron, Ohio
94 Caprice 9C1 LT1

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like you may have a dead short somewhere.

Note: When checking circuits on any computer controlled vehicle it is a very good idea to use a volt/ohm meter - not a test light!

That being said, here's some things to check:

There is a white wire which runs from the fuseblock to the wiper switch. Check it to make sure it isn't shorted to ground.

Four wires go from the switch to the motor assembly (you can check these at the switch or at the plug to the motor, whichever is easier). Check each of the 4 wires (pink, dark green, gray, and purple) to make sure they are not shorted to ground.

If any of the wires listed above are shorted to ground the fuse will blow.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

------------------
Jay - HOTSS
93 DGGM Caprice "SS"

My Site: www.geocities.com/caprice_ss_93

[This message has been edited by FakeSS (edited October 21, 2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts