Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pull out motor out off 95 roadmaster with engine harness. Is it the same as engine harness in my 94 caprice? Caprice motor 4.3 ..roadmaster motor lt1

· Registered
3,886 Posts
I really cant think of a difference in the harness.I would say just use the one thats in better condition.OFF TOPIC:Are you going with your stock trans or the one off the roady? I ask because I would suggest using one off an lt1.

· Registered
222 Posts
'95 engine harness has the ABS wiring in it because the module is under the hood. '94 module is under the dash, so the engine harness does not have it.
There are also differences in the pinout of the engine to body harness connectors C204, C205, C207.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
'95 engine harness has the ABS wiring in it because the module is under the hood. '94 module is under the dash, so the engine harness does not have it.
There are also differences in the pinout of the engine to body harness connectors C204, C205, C207.
I stand corrected.Is there any reason why he would not be able to use the 94 harness??

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When we pull the motor we keep engine harness on the lt1 roadie motor, which I thought would cut down time when we put in 94 caprice.

So you guys think I should just use the 94 caprice harness on the 95 roadmaster?

Johner we pull motor and tranny out together.

· Registered
193 Posts
NO!

even though the engines are the same, even though one is a 4.3L and the other one is a 5.7L LT1, the engine harness are not the same, for one, the ABS module on the 94 caprice is not the same as the one in the 95 Roady, what you need to do is keep the same harness on the car that will be receiving the new 5.7L LT1 and run it that way.

The connectors inside the car, under the dash are way different from a 94 caprice and a 95 roadmaster, the pinout on the connectors is different, hope that helps.

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks jose. Talkn to johnny on the abs on the lt1 just leave it un hook, but it will be hook up on the 94 caprice harness under the dash

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So don't use the tranny that came with the 95 roadie why...

· Registered
234 Posts
use the original 94 harness, and use the 94 trans, everything will work just fine. you'll need a 94 LT1 PCM though

it'll work fine.
Hmmm, i put a tranny from 94 caprice into a 95 impala about 4 years ago and it plugged right in...Its still in the car till this day. I know BigB knows his stuff so maybe he can give some insight...

· Registered
3,886 Posts
Hmmm, i put a tranny from 94 caprice into a 95 impala about 4 years ago and it plugged right in...Its still in the car till this day. I know BigB knows his stuff so maybe he can give some insight...
Im crazy

I didnt think it would plug in.

Ignore me
There you go bob,just use the 94 harness,with 95 lt1 and trans.I
wish you were closer so I could help with swap.If you dont have an extra pcm you can get your 4.3 pcm tuned for the 5.7. Hit me up anytime bro.

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys for the help. Johnny I got your number if I run into any problems during the swap.

· Registered
192 Posts
I thought the 95 trans had an extra solenoid in it not found in the 94?
I believe the 95 trans does, it's called Torque converter clutch pulse width modulation solenoid, TCC PWM solenoid. It's not in a 94 transmission. The wire that connects the trans to the PCM isn't there on the 94 harness. The pin on the trans connector is "U" , check it out to be sure.

I believe the plugs are the same for all 4L60E's it's whether the wire is there and which PCM and trans you are using. That being said I think if you use the 95 PCM with the 94 trans it's going to throw a code, what it does after that I can't answer.

The idea behind adding the extra solenoid for TCC was to be able to soften the engagement of TCC, or the torque converter clutch, the TCC PWM does that. On my 94 when I changes converters I have removed the ball from the input shaft that slowed down the apply of TCC. When TCC was applied in my car (car is all part right now) it was very abrupt, like shifting into another gear.

Hope it helps.

Dennis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.