Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 94 Cadillac Digital Dash in a 96 Caprice! I also put in the complete wiring harness and steering column! Everything has power but when you turn the key to crank everything goes blank? Then back to power??? Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
The only thing that I can help you with is the diagrams between the cars, since you changed the column out make sure the wiring matches up, as a fleet maybe different. The only time that I have seen a dash blank out when trying to start is with a loose battery connection check that as well, here are the diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna have to use the 96 Ignition lock cylinder unless you by-pass the theft module.
Tried to do that with a resister! I had the ohm read on the key and went to radio shack and got a resister to match! Still same thing??? Are you saying I need to put the Caprice Ignition Lock Cylinder back on the Fleetwood Column?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am assuming you checked the battery connection? Like I said above that is the only time I have seen a dash blank out when trying to start, the terminal wasn't tight. Does it sound like the solenoid on the starter tries to engage?
No! Nothing at all! The fuse box under the hood on the passenger side next to the firewall on the 94 has fuses on the side of it and solenoids and the 96 doesn't! I wonder if that has something to do with it???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts