Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just picked up this 94 Fleetwood, and the radio works fine for the first day and then on the second day the speakers started to sound crackly and then it went completely silent. it will turn on and the antenna comes up and I can select the radio station but I have absolutely no sound, any insight? not sure if it matters but it does have a factory amplifier.

·
Registered
162 Posts
so I just picked up this 94 Fleetwood, and the radio works fine for the first day and then on the second day the speakers started to sound crackly and then it went completely silent. it will turn on and the antenna comes up and I can select the radio station but I have absolutely no sound, any insight? not sure if it matters but it does have a factory amplifier.
Mine did this to me about a year ago. I'm guessing the FM tuner has gone out. I'm thinking about swapping it out with something more modern...unless I come across a good stock one, or can find someone to fix it. Nobody seems to be able to fix them out here where I am.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I'll say the oem speakers in Cady's are 1,000,000,00 times better than the stock ones in an Impala SS.

Well, I got a partial permutation of total loss. My RF channel is kapoot. I noticed the tweeter crackling for a month and die, and then the coax got fuzzy and finally croaked. I'm half-tempted to connect something just to see if it's just the speakers. But I admit your having the entire radio die at once is not a good sign.

For the OP, did you try jiggling the wires in the trunk?. Or hitting it? Couldn't hurt. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Take a look at 1 Factory Radio

They don't list the '94 Caddy radio, but they might be able to upgrade/repair the stock unit. They add either a Bluetooth capability, or an aux input.

A free phone call. "Hoagies Garage" on YouTube said they are easy to work with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts