Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two stressful weeks I am finally back behind the wheel of the blue whale. To make a long story short I pulled a code for bad down shift solenoids and made the mistake of taking it to Aamco who tried to sell me needing a full rebuild, took another shop who replaced the solenoids but determined the ecu was bad. Now that its back up and running I noticed the trans lines leak, mainly where the small double "U" shaped bracket holds them to the bottom of the engine, looks like they just rubbed a small pinhole thru the metal. I have temporarily mended the issue with some muffler tape but I don't expect that to last forever plus I noticed slight seepage where all the rubber and metal lines meet so I went and tightened up the clamps.

I'm having a hell of a time finding the complete line assembly, all I come across is either the engine oil cooler lines or the small lines that run from the radiator around to the cooler itself. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Phil

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Believe those lines are the same for the Caprice/Impala as well. I just did a Google for "94 Cadillac fleetwood transmission lines" and got quite a few hits. This is just one but did not take the time to confirm the part number....

http://www.jcwhitney.com/ac-delco-oe-replacement-transmission-oil-lines/p3042259.jcwx?skuId=3502000&TID=gglpla&origin=pla&VSID=d50348y1994j1&94CaFlACDAC10269708&gclid=CMqRzJXm6dECFc-EswoddjQPrA

....you should be able to find these lines but they aren't cheap.

If it were me and like many of us have already done, why not just repair the lines yourself and save some money? No reason you can't just cut the metal line before the leak and use some compression fittings. This would also be the easiest cause you may have to lower the Trans trail to get to the fittings on the Trans case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts