Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All... I have a question...

My 94 Impala SS has a bad speedometer... It flickers and goes on and off.. I've cleaned the contacts and checked everything like 10 times... still flickers....

Now when I use the blinker... the oil gauge moves to the click of the blinker.....

What could be causing the Flicker and the now the oil gauge moving to the beat of the blinker?

Your thoughts and experience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are a lot of threads on the display on/off flicker issue. Try this one. It includes the typical solder fix and one a bit more complicated that I authored on the display power unit attached to the dash.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/26-electrical/272461-1995-9c1-intermittent-dash-display-fix.html

That said, there is no one fix for all display ailments. You just need to keep tracing out the problem till you find the glitch. Yours sounds like a connection problem. Ground or power possibly.

That your oil gauge bumps with the turn signal implies a problem with power to the overall display. The ground side of the oil pressure circuit comes from the oil pressure sending unit, so it's possible your 12v feed to the dash is unhappy and dips with the turn signal (more than usual). But as well, if any of the main body grounds are problematic, could be there. Anything goes.

I'd start and verify that grounds and power connections are solid and clean. Measure the voltage at the dash with and without headlights, flashers, etc. It should be pretty solid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts