Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put the 94 9c1 on the dyno today. It's still stock just the Home Plate Delete. (forgot to take the H plate with me). Any-hoo here's the Dyno Jet numbers. 237 HP and 317 TQ Is there some reason the attachment tab doesn't work? I'm going to swap the intake to a ported one with a 58mm Professional products TB. Then back on the dyno.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
very cool

there is zero manifold vs header info on the net for our cars...

I elect you!!!

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Those are good numbers for stock.
I wouldn't waste dyno time/money on testing a ported intake w/58mm TB. There is more variation run-to-run on the dyno than any gain you'll see with that on a stock engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a in at the dyno, labor for runs. I help him out and I get to run my junk when ever he's not busy. As for mister nay say-er, will see. As for variation run-to-run on the dyno, we always run to get a repeat (get the same numbers twice). Normally it only takes 3 runs. Also it looks as if the peak would have been higher but the rev-limiter and then the speed limiter held it back. If I could ever find my cable (hate to buy another one if I don't have to) I would fix that...........off topic How do I shut the word wrap off?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rwhp?

Well I put the 94 9c1 on the dyno today. It's still stock just the Home Plate Delete. (forgot to take the H plate with me). Any-hoo here's the Dyno Jet numbers. 237 HP and 317 TQ Is there some reason the attachment tab doesn't work? I'm going to swap the intake to a ported one with a 58mm Professional products TB. Then back on the dyno.
I'm guessing that's rear wheel hp, right?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
if your set on putting the 58 mm TB on, atleast go make a home depot cold air intake and you NEED to get the pcm reprogrammed for the 58

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You'll see no results.
+1.

Honestly, a 58mm throttle body won't do you any good. From what it sounds like you haven't even done exhaust yet. What good is getting air in if you can't get it out?
+1. I'm only running a 52mm TB, it does not appear to be a restriction, and my setup is a little different than his. :)

Yep. And those are good numbers for a stock LT1.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YEP.......As for the exhaust I don't think it's the choke point yet, that's why I'm doing the intake first, doesn't really matter I'm just curious. I'm not out anything but time trying. Inquiring minds want to know things like this. :)

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
But yet, I love it. I actually can't wait to see it, because I've heard it for so long, without anything to back it up. (refering to a 58mm TB not being worth anything on a near stock car, and that ported heads will not improve power on the stock cam).

If I had it in with a dyno guy, I'd be swapping thngs all the time, seeing what gave you what. The exhaust setups are what really make me wonder. how much is an X pipe worth over no cross over. What are tri-y's really worth, over stock manifolds. How oes the motor react to CIA 4-1's vs the Tri-y's.

I know in therory how it will react, but no hard data. :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I say go for it. It doesn't seem as though you have unrealistic expectations and it isn't costing you anything. I'm curious to see where the numbers come out. Do you have the torque curve from the previous dyno runs?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm curious to see where the numbers come out. Do you have the torque curve from the previous dyno runs?
Yes I do, but there's something amiss with my computer settings the attach doesn't work....actually nothing works, no smilleys no nut-in, go figure....must need a gazillion posts or something can't remember and to busy to look it up. One too many websights.

I LOVE the FACE PALM, and I new that was coming too.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I LOVE the FACE PALM, and I new that was coming too.

Believe it or not, the face palm is probably what you'll be doing to yourself after the next dyno. :)

You don't "think" the exhaust is the choke point yet, but it definitely is. Have you even looked up at the stock exhaust under the lift? Take a tape measure, you'll find that in some places it's not even 2.25''

With even full bolt ons, a ported intake and 58 mm throttle body will not even net you much of a gain. Wait until heads and/or cam - that's where you will see the difference.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Plenty of minds here that already know this stuff, but go ahead since you don't wnat to listen to them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
if your set on putting the 58 mm TB on, atleast go make a home depot cold air intake and you NEED to get the pcm reprogrammed for the 58
what's a home depot cold air intake?

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Plenty of minds here that already know this stuff, but go ahead since you don't wnat to listen to them.
i would run it everytime just to learn even though peopl ehere know already.

more power to you

·
Premium Member
8,673 Posts
Did I miss something? Did we just warp back in time?

Would this thread be considered a repost?

Just wondering...

This thread is a joke, right?

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Zipfast: you must reprogram the PCM for the 58mm throttle body. If not, you'll cook the tranny in short order.

Fwiw, I didn't gain anything in the quarter with my 58mm. Except throttle response. The stock mufflers are the biggest restriction on these cars.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.