Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be trying to remove the chrome trim off my 94 wagon soon and was wondering if there are any ideas out there. plus if im able to get them off with out destroying them if anyone is interested in them let me know. it will be closer to june or july before im able to fully commit to this task.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
On the RMWs the spots that will give you the most trouble are the phillips head screws along the bottom of the rear wheel opening. I usually grab them with a channel-lock pliers across the point and head, and rock them back and forth a couple of times to break them lose. You may have to do that with a few in other places as well. The trim is not happy about coming off. You have to pull up a little, then rotate the top out off of the clip. Be gentle with the clips, they are hard to find, and if you can salvage them, others will thank you. There are a number of people who would like the trim, so save any that are not dented. The rear corners have clips that do not like to let go of the bumper cover. If you remove the taillight, you can use a pair of slim pliers to push the fastener retaining clips in, to facilitate removing the part. There are 4 on each, and you almost need 4 hands to get them all. The clips almost always break, so do what you can, because they are not available.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I'd be interested in the trim depending on how much you want for it. It all comes off pretty easily, just take your time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts