Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned the car since purchasing it at suction when it had 47k miles. Mileage is now 115k. The car is very clean but the rear end has recently started poping (it has a posi diff). I assume I'm a victum of the defective diff gasket. I changed the diff fluid but issue is still there. Car has a standard white ext/ blue int, has cut out for spot and push bumpers which I have. Passanger front fender needs repair/replaced as I hooked it one of those gas pump protection post. I've always replaced any parts with GM/AC Delco parts (car has new AC/Delco H2o pump) and used mobile 1 full syn with oil changes. Paint is in good condition. Car has zero rust as it was a Texas car before moving to Oklahoma. I've all records for the car since new. If not for the diff issue I'm thinking around $2k would be fair. Please let me know your thoughts as to what would be a fair asking price given the rear end issue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ship it to me. 94954 I'll send you a check for a Hundred-Million Dollars!

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
631 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've owned the car since purchasing it at suction when it had 47k miles. Mileage is now 115k. The car is very clean but the rear end has recently started poping (it has a posi diff). I assume I'm a victum of the defective diff gasket. I changed the diff fluid but issue is still there. Car has a standard white ext/ blue int, has cut out for spot and push bumpers which I have. Passanger front fender needs repair/replaced as I hooked it one of those gas pump protection post. I've always replaced any parts with GM/AC Delco parts (car has new AC/Delco H2o pump) and used mobile 1 full syn with oil changes. Paint is in good condition. Car has zero rust as it was a Texas car before moving to Oklahoma. I've all records for the car since new. If not for the diff issue I'm thinking around $2k would be fair. Please let me know your thoughts as to what would be a fair asking price given the rear end issue.
Hard to say with out pictures, however there have been two California cars very similiar to the car you describe, but without any body damage, placed for sale on Ebay within the last three weeks. The auctions have been "No Reserve auctions", in the last hour of the auctions both cars pulled over 3k, while that might sound low compared to your investment in maintaining the car, 3k it appears is good money for a 9c1 in this market and considering current economic conditions. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.