Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on the keyless entry on my 95 Cadillac and have no power on the orange wire at the receiver. The factory Service Manual shows it feeding from Maxi fuse #3 through a 5 amp fuse listed as I/P concealed fuse.
I am hoping someone here might know where this is located before I start unwrapping my harness looking for it or have to run a new power lead.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I found where the fuse was located under the dash. Someone has cut the fuse holder off. I put a temporary 5 amp fuse holder in the line and tried to program the transmitter. When the jumper is installed the locks cycle as they should but after pushing the button on the remote the locks just chatter until power is removed.
the door locks work fine with the button on all but the drivers door. I have a replacement latch but didn't find it necessary to take the door apart until the keyless entry worked.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Devin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just following up on this i am assuming no one here has encountered this before? I would love to get the keyless entry working on this car if possible.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
after pushing the button on the remote the locks just chatter until power is removed. ....the door locks work fine with the button on all but the drivers door
I have a memory of a RM or Caprice doing this and the solution was a ground problem or a relay inside the module. Again my memory is that the driver's door is on a separate relay so the first fob button push opens the DD and the second opens the other three. As you have a FW your parts may be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts