Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 caprice 9c1. I have 20'' rims I want to put on, but theres too much space. The 9c1 rear springs I got are way too high, and I want to lower it, but all the listings are for stock height springs. My question is- If I was at stock height, how much could I lower the car before it rubs? My tire size is 255/35ZR20 Anybody know? Would a 2'' drop rub? Guys put on 22s w/o rub. whats the lowest possible w/o cutting?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Man you can lay it on Sprints without rub if you've only got 20's. Just remember that the advertised drop for an SS will be 1"-1.5" more for your 9C1. I'd recommend a Hotchkis drop.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
im running sprints with 20's and love it. the rear is perfect but the front needs to come down another half inch so ill be cutting these soon

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah go with sprints and cut some off the front springs...

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have a 95 caprice 9c1. I have 20'' rims I want to put on, but theres too much space. The 9c1 rear springs I got are way too high, and I want to lower it, but all the listings are for stock height springs. My question is- If I was at stock height, how much could I lower the car before it rubs? My tire size is 255/35ZR20 Anybody know? Would a 2'' drop rub? Guys put on 22s w/o rub. whats the lowest possible w/o cutting?

No it won't rub

any drop spring will be fine. Sprints are the lowest.. I ran 255 35 20's on my wagon with intrax for 2 years and never a rub at all

·
Registered
26 Posts
With 20's you shouldn't have a problem. I'm running 20" Torque Thrusts and Suspension Technique springs that are so old they've sagged to about a 4" drop LOL. I get a little rubbing when turning into driveways but nothing major.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.