Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my 1995 Chevy Caprice 9C1. I purchased this car many years ago from an executive who used it only for weekend cruises, I think it had about 60,000 miles on it when I brought it. Up until that time the executive had spared no expense, the car got anything and everything it could possibly need done at the Chevrolet dealer. He also garage kept the car. Car is in good mechanical condition, but has a few tiny rust spots and the paint on the top surfaces are peeling. The grill is cracked and there's a very small dent in the hood. I have kept up with anything it needed for inspection, right now it has a valid PA inspection until May 31, 2020. In the past I fixed anything that it needed, but right now I'm just keeping up with the basics, such as tires, brakes, and exhaust. It's got something going on with it right now, it misses a little bit on and off. That could be a few different things up to and including the Optispark distributer. I just have not had the money to give someone to properly diagnose the issue. These engines usually last a LONG time, my last Caprice 9C1 had 300,000 miles on it when I sold it to buy this car. The car also comes with a nice Kenwood car stereo and a nice Code Alarm remote start system with a two-way remote. I changed the oil every 3000 miles. The interior is in good shape, and has rare cloth seats in the back seat. If the car sells for close to $2900, I have brand new blue carpet for it from GM I will include as part of the sale. As far as the body is concerned, in my opinion if I had the money to put in to it, I think I would have a good paintless dent removal guy (PDR) guy go over the sides of the car, and repaint the top of the car and the bumper covers. I would look very good after that for not a lot of money. It's dark blue outside with a blue interior. Also the driver's door had a metal plate welded over the cut out for the spotlight and was properly repaired to look like new on the outside of the door. The car only has 100,000 on it right now and once the mechanical issues and paint issues are addressed it will be one of the nicest 9C1's you can still find with low mileage on them. Would prefer to sell the car to someone who loves these cars as much as I do. The reason I'm selling the car is I just brought another car and I have too many cars for one person to have, in my opinion. Please email any time for more information. Asking $2900 or best offer. ALL reasonable offers will be considered. Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
can you post or send me some more pics(under hood, trunk, interior, underneath car) ? Any rust on the frame ? does the a/c work? how does the trans shift?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your interest. The AC works well. I'm not aware of any issues with the trans at all, I think it's in good condition. The car's been out in winter, is there any part of the frame you're particularly worried about? As you know it has a very heavy full frame on it, I can try to look but I'm sure there's some surface rust in some spots as with any older car's frame. Will try to get you some more pictures. I don't want to open the trunk because there's some type of issue with the latch and I'm not sure I can re-latch it. That issue just started recently. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The frame rails where they curve above the rear axle, and floor pans. I'm concerned about rust and rot. It can be insidious especially on a northern car. Some more pics of the seats and floor boards would be good and under hood pics.

Can you post some pics of the car in bright sun light from every angle?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next photo fix...

Here's some more photos. If we get a sunny day here when I'm awake during the day, will try to get some more body shots. And if I get time I'll see if I can get someone to put it up on a lift for some floor pics. This shows some of the good things and a few things it needs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hey, Im still interested. I sent you a PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts