Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If im driving and it feel like my engine aint pushing how it supposed to run,feel like its not geting some kind of power. I think its called stalling when pushing the gas pedal n its not accelerating how it should. What would the problem be?

·
Registered
10,987 Posts
First off, the trans is a 4L60E, You need to get the computer codes read first. Your description is too general to make any recommendations at this point. It could be anything from a bad transmission to a fuel pump, to clogged cats, to clogged intake filter, and a myriad things in between. You will have to do some troubleshooting, and post the results. If you have no knowledge of engines, or transmissions, take the car to a reputable garage, and have them look at it.

Stalling is when it quits from idle, or refuses to continue to run once started.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I just got a new trans and engine because when i bought it,it had an v6 in it. Im replacing every part new on the engine to be on the safe side. Exuast,spark plugs n more. If it continues,what is a reputable garage?
The 1995 Caprice NEVER came with a V-6! They came with either a L99 4.3L V-8 or a LT1 5.7L V-8 but never came with a V-6 engine?????

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
10,987 Posts
You will have to determine if the garage is reputable. I have no control over that. I do not even know where you are.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The 1995 Caprice NEVER came with a V6! They came with either a L99 4.3L V8 or a LT1 5.7L V8 but never came with a V6 engine.
91-93 Caprice 9C6 had an LB4 4.3L V6. Never seen a V6 9C1.

To this day, I STILL wonder why GM bothered with the L99 4.3L V8; instead of the L35 or LU3 V6, which had about the same peak power, and similar torque peaking a lil bit sooner.
(Maybe GM didn't want anybody to try to turbocharge it?)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
91-93 Caprice 9C6 had an LB4 4.3L V6. Never seen a V6 9C1.

To this day, I STILL wonder why GM bothered with the L99 4.3L V8; instead of the L35 or LU3 V6, which had about the same peak power, and similar torque peaking a lil bit sooner.
(Maybe GM didn't want anybody to try to turbocharge it?)
You are 100% correct but he said he has a 1995 so that was why I replied as I did.

Mike--94MSP9C1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts