Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be picking up a DGGM Caprice Wagon from one of the local guys pretty soon. It has a new LT4 engine, my 1 5/8" Quad-1 headers, custom exhaust with dual tips dumping before the wheels, freshly rebuilt tranny with no miles, Bonny seats, etc. Great shape. I may turn around and sell it since i really don't have the extra room for it. Would anyone be interested? I'm not quite sure what I would be asking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by DEVIL.DOG:
Would anyone be interested? I'm not quite sure what I would be asking.
Well Dan,
I am pretty sure the first sentence will be controlled by the second.

It's a moot point anyway. If you drive it once or twice you'll end up keeping it.

Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to a certain lowlife insurance company, that wagon is worth $4690. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll give you $5000.00. ;)

I'm glad you're very far away from me so I'm not tempted to buy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if I want to sell it I might as well remove the headers and install a set of stock manifolds/cats. It also has a new 2400 stall converter, 3.73 gears, cold air intake and some others I'm not sure about. I'll know more next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just off the top of my head, Casey's wagon (sold to Philstr) is the highest dollar wagon sale on here in recent memory. I think it sold for $9000 or $9500. Seems to me it was for sale for at least a few months. To see what was on the car:
Topic: 94 Caprice Wagon Hot Rod

Thought this might give you a point of reference for what your wagon is worth.

Peter Flyer has had his LT4 wagon for sale at times but he didn't get any good bites that I know about. Then again, I think he was asking over $20k.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I just got back from picking up some other parts.

The rear gears are 3.42 with an Eaton posi.
Cold air is a clear SRI.
Front sway bar is an F-body. Impala springs up front, stock in the rear. i believe the shocks are Bilstein. The only part of the engine that isn't new are the injectors. Bryan Herter programming. Heavy duty truck converter, owner didn't know the stall for sure or the brand. The engine has 300 miles on it. He ordered the LT4 as a crate motor. Tranny has 100 miles on it. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. probably another week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He ordered the LT4 as a crate motor.

I'm going to say that will likely put it out of my price range. Sounds really nice though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The engine cost him $3500.00 and the tranny was $1,000.00 for the rebuild. I was considering parting the car out until I saw what nice shape it's in. There was only one dent in the hood near the emblem that I could see. He installed the Impala grill and a nice exterior detail would really make it shine. Gerry was kind of right. Now that I have seen it I am considering keeping it as my daily driver. But with the insurance company finally settling on my car, I will be able to replace the hood, wheels/tires and all new stereo equipment. I have the short block at the shop and Combination Motorsports will be sending the rest shortly. My car may actually be getting back on the road after all this time.
It was 4 years this month since it went off the road. I'm getting motivated again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just re-read the whole thing,.. crate motors came have their injectors installed,.
why does it have used injectors in it?
lt4's had 28lb injectors,. what size are in it now?
does it have a 95 obd1 front cover? is this an lt1- lt4 conversion?
and finally What color is the interior?
thanks
nick
ps i got my gears and posi from nj, remember the 4.88's i wanted?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
... custom exhaust with dual tips dumping before the wheels...
If you get a chance, please shoot a pic of these. I am considering something like this and am looking for ideas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure. He said the only thing he didn't change were the injectors. He said they were stock and he had planned to do a set of SVO injectors. I'll find out more. It wasn't a conversion. He said he ordered the LT4 crate engine and dropped it in. Then the tranny dies within the first couple hundred miles. He got discouraged, parked the car and let it sit until his wife started getting on his case about doing something with it. First he tried to sell it as is but none of the locals were interested because the tranny was shot. A couple months went by and he decided to get the tranny rebuilt so he could sell it. That's when I stepped up.
4.88 gears? I thought i sent you the quote. They were available but they are a Chinese brand. Even my supplier didn't recommend them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The exhaust was set-up so he could have it run through a set of Spintech mufflers and exit through one set of tips. Then he had a set of electric cut-outs installed that would by-pass the exhaust and dump through the other tips. The problem was the electric cut-outs were junk and failed almost immediately. He has block-off plates installed. I will post all kinds of pictures once i get the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

4.88 gears? I thought i sent you the quote. They were available but they are a Chinese brand. Even my supplier didn't recommend them.
i got a set of precision gears made in taylor mi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dan can you take this thing to the track :D I would like to see peformance from a second LT4 wagon. Everyone says that the LT4 is not wagon freindly, but I think that only one guy did it and he had bad results. I would like to see what another one would do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.