Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have not posted nothing on the build of my project 6.2, I kinda wanted to wait till its done, but oh well I really dont care anymore. I see there a couple of 6.0 builds here and all looks great on there builds. But I have not seen a 6.2yet unless Im wrong, but maybe Ill be the first lol. Car should be done prob by this week. But its been a pain in the ass. Im hopeing all works well with it when its done, Im a little disapointed it was supposed to be done by this past fri so I could have it out for the woodward dream cruise here in MI but the guy told me it was'nt ready, oh well no rush I guess. But its just a big cammed, L92 heads, L76 intake, Nick W 90dbc tb, 2"longtube headers, some nos, stall, thats about it I think:confused:. Trans is built well also, just will prob need a gear soon. Stock 3.08 needs to go. Also 22" forgiato's staggerd 8.5 in fronts, I think 11 3/4 in the rears lowered 2-3" on sprint springs. Pics soon hopefully soon

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Well have not posted nothing on the build of my project 6.2, I kinda wanted to wait till its done, but oh well I really dont care anymore. I see there a couple of 6.0 builds here and all looks great on there builds. But I have not seen a 6.2yet unless Im wrong, but maybe Ill be the first lol. Car should be done prob by this week. But its been a pain in the ass. Im hopeing all works well with it when its done, Im a little disapointed it was supposed to be done by this past fri so I could have it out for the woodward dream cruise here in MI but the guy told me it was'nt ready, oh well no rush I guess. But its just a big cammed, L92 heads, L76 intake, Nick W 90dbc tb, 2"longtube headers, some nos, stall, thats about it I think:confused:. Trans is built well also, just will prob need a gear soon. Stock 3.08 needs to go. Also 22" forgiato's staggerd 8.5 in fronts, I think 11 3/4 in the rears lowered 2-3" on sprint springs. Pics soon hopefully soon
What harness did u use?did u do the work yourself?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
any pics yet? maybe even a teaser????

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Good job man. About time. Gotta remember, L92/LS3 heads like smaller durations with lots of lift. Mine is 222/226 .596/598 112LSA, a little sleeper cam :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the pics are on my phone. I retarded I dont know how to post pics from my phone, and from my laptop it said my images are to big:confused:??????? I dumb

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
yep you are lol.... theres already a person with a 6.2 liter ls1 in an impala me!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nice project, Conversions always have some problems but that is what makes doing the conversion fun!! Once completed you will enjoy it . If you get a chance post up some pictures..

There is also another guy in Vegas who has just completed a 6.2 / e38 in a 96 DCM. He was taking it to get the exhaust completed and was done last week. Very close to complete for the most part. He does not get on this forum but a clean car. Hopefully he will be at WCG6 in Vegas.
Roger

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
There is also another guy in Vegas who has just completed a 6.2 / e38 in a 96 DCM. He was taking it to get the exhaust completed and was done last week. Very close to complete for the most part. He does not get on this forum but a clean car. Hopefully he will be at WCG6 in Vegas.
Roger
Roger,

Never heard of this going on here. Does this guy know about WCG?

Jim

·
Registered
787 Posts
Roger,

Never heard of this going on here. Does this guy know about WCG?

Jim
Yahh Sent him a link to the WCG information. He is a Fbody guy but purcharsed the car as a roller and decided to do the LSx conversion with the car..

·
Premium Member
872 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I see you used a cabled throttle body with the l92. Did they convert the signal back to a 24x and use an ls1 ecm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another Ls3 Swap

Whats up im also doing an ls3 swap into my ss the on my motor is stock , wit comp tune cold air intake 2.5 inch exhaust no cats wit x pipe and some magna flow wit dumps befor the rear end trans is a 4l70e out of a trial blazer ss wit an edge 3400 stall.and some 373 gears...

·
Registered
838 Posts
I say all 4 rims get bent within 2 weeks......nice ride and good luck with your project..

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
i want them rims soooo bad :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts