Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
95 Impala SS 383 Stroker $5000 OBO

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS. I have owned this car for about 3 years and have countless hours upgrading it. I have to make room for a new project and have just not driven it much lately. I have done all the work myself and am able to answer any questions you might have. It has a clean title.
The body is in average condition with a small dime size ding in the trunk lid and a bicycle pedal did scratch the drivers door. I have a local estimate to repair both for $700. rThere are other very minor scratches but no other body damage.
The interior has a small tear in the drivers seat, app. 2 inches long and a small slit in the passengers eat, app. 1 inch. The carpet is brand new and the rear seat appears to look new. The console was removed to make way for a TCI Outlaw shifter, fire extinguisher and 5” inch Auto Meter tach. I have installed a gauge pillar pod with Auto Meter gauges, oil pressure, water temp and voltage. Also the stock radio has been replaced with a Phase Linear 7” LCD and Alpine speakers all around. There are no electrical issues with any interior components.
The tires and rims are Boyd Coddington Junkyard Dog’s, 17”x 10” rear, 17”x 8” front with Nitto 455”s all around. They have app. 3000 miles on them and have been freshly polished. The calipers have been ceramic coated red and cross slotted and drilled rotors have been added with sticky green ceramic pads. The rear end was rebuilt maybe 200 miles ago with Moser axles and a Detroit TruTrac Heli posi unit. Stock gears were reinstalled. Lucas synthetic gear oil was used. New KYB shocks were installed last year at all four corners.
The exhaust is a few years old but in sound condition, it has Flowmaster 50 series true duals.
II had it re tinted last year with exception of the rear window because it had no issues.
Now for the motor, it spun a bearing about 1 year ago so I set out to rebuild it and do it right. I took the block to Cooks Performance in Indianapolis and had it stroked to a 383, balanced and blueprinted. It was rated at 11.5/1 compression. I then added a freshened set of Aluminum heads with Comp Cam springs and the GM LT4 Hotcam. It has a Milodon Oil pan with hi volume, hi pressure oil pump and a remote oil filter system. I installed a MSD distributor, MSD coil and Taylor plug wires. I topped it with a Edlebrock intake, 58mm throttle Body, Trick Flow elbow and K&N cold air kit. I polished the fuel rails and repainted everything on the engine. Aluminum valve covers were also added. All internal components were replaced as well as all sensors. It had a dyno rating before the new throttle body of 430RWHP. After break in only Mobil 1 synthetic has been used and it has had three oil changes. It will also come with a Napa Optima battery. It starts fine, lopes nicely and runs extremely well. I could probably run better with another adjustment to the PCM. It has never been track or road raced, it was built for a Sunday cruiser.
Tha AC was removed for performance reasons but I do have all the parts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As soon as i figure out how to upload pics

·
Registered
4,911 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for helping out with the pictures!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for helping out with the pictures!
Nice SS !!!

But you guys would kill us TX folks with no AC unit in the cars, darn. Whats it take to get it all back together and what about the idle or running condition? Is that going to be fixed before sold?

Thanks

Beautiful engine and car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be happy to re-install the AC and recharge it for a full price sale. I don't have alot of time though so a sale of "as is" would be better. It idles now at about 900, with the AC on it idled at about 750 with the compressor running.

I have documentation for everything that has been done including the $2600 bill for the tranny from a few months back. I also replaced the antenator, belt and put a Optima red top battery in last week.

I don't really drive it to often so the AC being removed hasn't been a factor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have cash lets talk! Need to make room in garage before winter. All serious offers considered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts