Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the part is rear and hard to find, what I need to know is which cars can I get a compatible left side manifold from that fits. Can I get one from a Cadillac? I heard I can use a Buick Roadmaster?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
'94-'96 Cadillac Fleetwood, Buick RoadMaster, Chevy Caprice (4.3L or 5.7L).
Misinformation deleted.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,033 Posts
I understand that the part is rear and hard to find, what I need to know is which cars can I get a compatible left side manifold from that fits. Can I get one from a Cadillac? I heard I can use a Buick Roadmaster?
I can sell you an OEM left manifold.

Reactions: Jimpala95

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Left side is tougher to find as I've heard the right hand were produced for F-Bodies too....

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,033 Posts
Left side is tougher to find as I've heard the right hand were produced for F-Bodies too....
Well, the current issue is that you can buy the right one new, but not the left. So when somebody needs the left one, they have to go hunting.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
That's probably why if right fits B-Bodies ,and F-Bodies.
With driver's side fitting B-Bodies only.

·
Registered
8,692 Posts
The commonality angle sounds good. But as strange as production decisions go, it could be as simple as the right one cracking more frequently, hence the business case for doing an aftermarket for that side.

Funny, my right was cracked after just a few years after new, hence the 'safety upgrade' explanation given the wife for Gen II Tri-Y'es. I looked the broke one over and saw the circular chunk sliced out of the shield and wondered if a production attempted patch for heat escape - that had apparently not done the trick. Or, the space being more congested that side and restricting heat dissipation overall v. the DS. Just dumb guesses, fun adding that into the mix as an explanation. Goes along the lines of the great mystery why the oem RR ABS pigtail became NLA for Fleetwoods but not the LR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts