2,033 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I’ve heard the same about a lot of the aftermarket with fitment issues that’s why I was looking for oem if possible

·
Super Moderator
6,057 Posts
Don't forget that some of the aftermarket ones have a different shape in the middle! A parallelogram instead of a bowtie.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,033 Posts
All I can say is that one of my close friends put this grille on his 96 SS and reported no problems.

I will ask him about the emblem.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
I can easily see the rockauto grill is a offshore knock-off . I'd try the dealer ,but it won't be $30

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys! Does anyone have an oem grill for a 95 impala ss for sale?
That's the link for an actual OEM grille from a dealership, I believe. It has the exact front bowtie shape that aftermarket grilles lack. It is a paint to match and, although it is a fairly hefty price, I prefer coughing up extra dollars for genuine parts.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,033 Posts
If you could ask him and let me know I would really appreciate it!
My friend said that he actually never put the emblem on.

So, what others are saying about the emblem being different may be true.

There are plenty of bowtie emblems to choose from, though.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
It's the place where emblem goes. On GM part the emblem fits inside a emblem shaped recess.
On the reproduction grills the emblem goes on top of a parallelogram shaped piece.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
That's the link for an actual OEM grille from a dealership, I believe. It has the exact front bowtie shape that aftermarket grilles lack. It is a paint to match and, although it is a fairly hefty price, I prefer coughing up extra dollars for genuine parts.
Last one I purchased from my local Chevy dealer was half that price. So ,local dealer is worth a try.

·
Premium Member
6,175 Posts
Things have changed, used to be
3 part numbers,
3 colors,
Bowtie came attached.
Carefully wrapped in cloth in a GM box

·
Registered
40 Posts
Last one I purchased from my local Chevy dealer was half that price. So ,local dealer is worth a try.
Really? I just checked through eBay since dealerships don't have squat for our cars anymore. You're right though, it's always worth a shot to see if there are cheaper OEM options.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts