Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new here and had question hoping someone else can help...so I got a 95 impala ss and when you turn the key on/start it the headlights will flash like a police car and you can hear the day time running light module under the pass side kick pannel clicking away it stops when I turn my head lights on so I have to turn em on n off to stop it anyone ever had this problem?

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Question,

Where did your car orginaly come from Canada or USA ?

I ask because if it started life US your DRL is likly and add on , adding more variables to the mix here.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
On the Canadian cars the DRL and the twilight sentinel are combined into a Canadian only module(different than the rest of the world). The Canadian cars lack the the twilight sentinel adjust knob on the dash.

Are your DRLs blinking or your headlights? DRLs are dimmer than the headlights.

The twilight sentinel will power on the low or high beam depending where you leave the high/low switch.

If you are not good at electronics a replacement module and sensor would help diagnostics unless it is a wiring problem.

You can unplug the module and lose both DRL and twilight sentinel.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If the car has been modified with LED or HID headlights they will mess with the DRL.

I am betting on HID.

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
More questions,
Does it look like it is the DRLs half bright doing this or is it the headlamps at full bright?

Are the tails doing this at the same time?

If the dimmer switch is in high beam position is the high beam indicator flicking on and off with the headlamps ?

Where in Canada are you ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More questions,
Does it look like it is the DRLs half bright doing this or is it the headlamps at full bright?

Are the tails doing this at the same time?

If the dimmer switch is in high beam position is the high beam indicator flicking on and off with the headlamps ?

Where in Canada are you ?
I'm in Ontario I'm not real sure about what lights are actually flashing il have to investigate that more but the High beam indicator dose flash on the dash with the lights and it is also on all the time no matter if the high beams are on or the low

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in Ontario I'm not real sure about what lights are actually flashing il have to investigate that more but the High beam indicator dose flash on the dash with the lights and it is also on all the time no matter if the high beams are on or the low
Only the head lights do it not the tails

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Are they flashing together or are they alternating?

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Might have a relay going bad in the underhood fuse box.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Might have a relay going bad in the underhood fuse box.
What relay would that be?

The headlight circuit has a fuseable link powering the headlight switch which has a built in breaker, this goes to the high/low switch and then to the headlights.
The DRL/twilight sentinel module is fed by a fuse and does have several relays inside it:
As the OP said:
you can hear the day time running light module under the pass side kick pannel clicking away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts