Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to replace my distibuter along wit the cap and wires also...i can get one at NAPA for $202 wit my bosses discount...is this a good price or should i get a refurbished one??? and how many hrs work time should this take to remove all parts(its at a chevy dealership...$75/hr labor) and put back together.....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can get a whole new distributor from Dal(one of our sources for discount Genuine GM parts) for maybe a little less. For wires go with Taylor, Magnecor, MSD, etc. search this forum and you can find info on places to buy and what price and they will cost no more than new ones from GM and be better. Before you start spending $$$ check out the [email protected] Mods thread, it has lots of maintanence info too. The plug wires are a B#$%ch to replace the easiest thing to do would be to buy that LT1 you mentioned in another thread and put the wires on before installing the engine. The distributor is fairly easy but requires water pump removal.

[email protected] mods

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were my car, here's what I would do. Get a GM Optispark AND waterpump from Dal. Total cost was about $330 shipped. Get some Taylor wires for about $55 (Jegs, Summit Racing). Set aside an afternoon (or complete day) and do it yourself. It's not hard to do. Don't mess with an aftermarket one, if you plan on keeping the car. Cost on GM distributor and waterpump from Dal and Taylor wires is at or below the cost of same from parts store, and the results will be much better. See post below: http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000705

1 - 3 of 3 Posts