Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Originally posted by 357mag:
Be sure to post some pics of the accessory drive where the A/C compressor gets near the frame rail.
Well, I had it assembled, but didn't take any pics. The compressor clears a chevelle frame just fine. The AC lines needed some tweaking to clear the header, but I made it work. Fortunately I can keep my Caprice brackets :cool:

Originally posted by sy34010:
I have a set of vette brackets with all accessries, PWR steering, alt and AC. Off 96 LT4 with less than 30k. They were left over from my LT4 install in the 94 as I reused my B body accessories. I was saving them for a future project but no time and the WU wants my stuf out of the garage that her antiques business has taken over. Make me an offer!
Well, I don't actually NEED them, but if the price is right, I'm interested. (never know when I might decide I need another project :rolleyes: ) What would it take to buy them? I really have no idea what to offer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I used a '95 Caprice plastic fuel tank complete. I had to put a hump in the trunk floor for the raised part of the tank where the pump assembly goes, but felt it was worth cutting the car to have the factory set-up.
I put a TBI injection system on a '70 Chevelle using the stock tank, added a return line to one of the vents, and an external inline pump mounted low on the frame ahead of the rear lower control arm mount. He needs to keep it above 1/4 tank to avoid slosh problems when driving agressively.
If you plan to road race, you need a good baffled tank, a bottom sump or a fuel cell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've been told an attractive price would be around $300, I've seen similar packages go for around $600 on EBay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the photos. I have a 70 Impala wagon that I want to swap the eng, trans, and rear from a 9C1 into. It's good to know some have gone before.

John C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've been told an attractive price would be around $300, I've seen similar packages go for around $600 on EBay.
That's a very attractive price, but I'll have to pass... I can barely afford to finish this project, so I can't start spending money on the "next one"
:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Where the hell were you 8 months ago with that?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.