Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the rear speakers in the wagons plate style or are they just a free oval unit?

I'd go look, but I'm at work and feel like ordering new speakers online

Thanks!

Mark / CC

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mark, they're standard 6" x 9" but the cheap metal framework they mount in leaves MUCH to be desired. Happy Hunting!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, just like that. If there's a way to insulate the mounting points (where the speaker screws into the "cheap" metal framework), I would look into that. Even a small piece of rubber gromet or something. I just slapped some quickie Jensens in there on the cheap for now (still tons better than stock) and they rattle the bass.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CloakedSS,

Thanks again. I'll tell ya, these forums are great! It's nice to hear from people who have already done what I am planning and can tell me what to watch out for!

Thanks for your help!

Mark / CC

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the name of getting a little bit better sound from the rear speakers, I used some of those foam "hats" underneath the speaker. That keeps the sound coming from the back of the speaker from canceling out some of the sound coming from the front of the speaker. Do you follow what I'm saying? I mean if you hold a speaker out in a room with no enclosure, it sounds terrible. Drop it down in a hole or an enclosure, and VOILA! it comes to life. HTH. Rahn

BTW, I made a plate for mine and used a 6.5 and a tweeter. Much better than stock!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts