Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what this large unattached weatherpack connector goes to? This is in the drivers door of a 95 RMW. The harness is taped together with the power lock connector shown just above it.

Thanks
Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
8,056 Posts

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Anybody know what this large unattached weatherpack connector goes to? This is in the drivers door of a 95 RMW. The harness is taped together with the power lock connector shown just above it.

Thanks
Todd
Wow, I sure don't and not seen that type (Weather Pak) connector in the door on the Caprice. It just seems odd that all the other connectors in the door are not that type of plug and the inside of the door is pretty much out of the elements. Could it have been added by a previous Owner? did you try to trace out where the wires go or how this plug ties in to the factory harness? Maybe something unique to the RM's that I've not seen before.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't traced anything yet. We pulled this car apart a couple of years ago for an engine/front end restore/rebuild. My son pulled the drivers door. I did the window guide bushings on both doors on the drivers side, and have yet to tackle the passenger side. I didn't want to button this door back up until I finished the other side to make things easier to compare. It drives me nuts that I can't tell where this goes. The FSM shows the harness in a diagram, but doesn't mention where it goes. WTH?

Todd

·
Registered
976 Posts
I just tore down a '96, there was a large module/box inside the door plugged into that plug. If I get a chance I'll dig through the bin with all the wiring I removed.
If I had to guess maybe for power window one touch up/down function?

EDIT: Yep, it's for PW control module as they call it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you are correct. I am also chasing a window down issue. Motor works, but button does not drop the window. Replaced the switch with a new one and have the same thing. If the window is down, it can be raised, but when up, it won't come down. I figured that was in the express part of the function, but I don't recall what that module looks like....

Todd

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a pick of it on youtube on a Roady window guides repair video.

Now, I just have to find it in my garage.....might be next to impossible since it was removed 3 years ago.

Thanks All
Todd

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts