Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a backfire from under the hood while i was driving and drove for about 2miles b4 it started to choke out on me as i give it more gas and it dies but fires right back up as i start to crank it again and it does the same. At a cold start it fires up and runs fine but when it warm up it start to choke again n shut off. Any ideas? Im thinking its the distributor,help me out if you can

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
I wish you would do a little troubleshooting first. It is difficult to determine the cause with so little information.

A. it is probably not the opti, because it runs when cold. Also not the coil, or ignition module, but it is something common to everything.

B. it could be almost any common to the system sensor, because it dies when it goes into closed loop.

C. check for codes.

D. check the O2 sensors, then the temp sender, next the map sensor, and EGR vacuum solenoid (remove and plug the hose between the solenoid and valve), check your grounds for all sensors.

If it is not one of these, you have to do some troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
I noticed a backfire from under the hood while i was driving and drove for about 2miles b4 it started to choke out on me as i give it more gas and it dies but fires right back up as i start to crank it again and it does the same. At a cold start it fires up and runs fine but when it warm up it start to choke again n shut off. Any ideas? Im thinking its the distributor,help me out if you can

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not enough fuel. Fuel pump may be going south. Check with fuel pressure gauge after problem starts or just tape it to windshield and drive until problem starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts