Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ed Sanow's and Jim Post's Police Car book "Police Cars:Restoring,Collecting, ..." that came out this year has production numbers.

'91 9C1 = 36017
'92 = 28652
'93 = 27642
'94 = 31762
'95 = 26351
'96 = 10859

'94 SS = 6303
'95 = 18365
'96 = 41941

Does this mean that us "lucky" '96 9C1 owners should be the ones keeping them as collectables? Only the 1994 SS's are more rare!!
And for all the WX3 owners of 1996, all the 9C1's of any year are more collectable, by numbers anyways...
Yeah we all know that the SS is the "collectable", but it's nice to see the actual numbers. 30 years from now the badging might not matter as much as the production numbers.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CrowSS: Imagine then what you would feel like if you owned one of the 4,400 1995 DGGM Impala SS built... :cool: I managed to get my hands on a beauty... a 1995 White 9C1 that came with an interesting factory option... a one of a kind white Impala SS grille with a RED bowtie... The dealer told me it was an extremely rare car... it even came with an add your spotlight later kit already installed! (kidding) However, if you are interested in getting your hands on a fairly nice 1996 9C1 there is a place here in Indy (Prestige Auto Sales) on Washington street who has at least 4 of these on the lot, all LT1 equiped. Most of these car were detective cars for Marion County and have never had spotlights or lightbars on them. As a matter of fact all the ones I looked at had 1 hole in the driver's side rear quarter panel and nothing else. All had carpeting and bench seats. Price ranged from $5,000-7,000 with mileage in the 80 to 90k range. They also had some 1995s and 1994 and even a couple of B4C Camaro's. Check them out if interested they are really nice to deal with and their cars checked out from top to bottom. Take care.

CH

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nikon4:
CrowSS: Imagine then what you would feel like if you owned one of the 4,400 1995 DGGM Impala SS built... :cool: I managed to get my hands on a beauty... a 1995 White 9C1 that came with an interesting factory option... a one of a kind white Impala SS grille with a RED bowtie... The dealer told me it was an extremely rare car... it even came with an add your spotlight later kit already installed! (kidding) However, if you are interested in getting your hands on a fairly nice 1996 9C1 there is a place here in Indy (Prestige Auto Sales) on Washington street who has at least 4 of these on the lot, all LT1 equiped. Most of these car were detective cars for Marion County and have never had spotlights or lightbars on them. As a matter of fact all the ones I looked at had 1 hole in the driver's side rear quarter panel and nothing else. All had carpeting and bench seats. Price ranged from $5,000-7,000 with mileage in the 80 to 90k range. They also had some 1995s and 1994 and even a couple of B4C Camaro's. Check them out if interested they are really nice to deal with and their cars checked out from top to bottom. Take care.

CH
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, sorry to say, but you got suckered with that grille story.

As far as rarities go, how about what's in my garage? Just wish one of them was a double digit or less mile car.

94 SS - 57k mi
95 DGGM SS - 38k
96 DCM SS - 7k

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

I think Nikon4 was winking at us.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How sweet, my dream ride and only 38k on it.. I forgot you had one of those... I on the other hand can only keep one in my garage--My Brickyard 400 Pace Car Replica Impala SS 100k
The other sleeps outside in the driveway--The rare White 9C1/Caprice/Impala SS with the RED bowtie... hehehehe

Take care folks and Happy SSing.

CH

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rare? I don't think I would call 10,000 a rare car! I would consider under a 1000 rare.
I call my wagon uncommon at 5000 some odd.
I call my 70 W-31 rare at 1049 built 32 years ago.96 Chev wagon, rare.
Collectible also is affected by the reason the car was low production. If it was a limited run from the get go it will be more collectible than if anyone could get one but no one wanted it. I also draw the line on colors. The Mopar guys are huge on trying to make their cars rarer by nit picking little options. " this is the only red four speed car with the seat leaning forward and a half eaten sandwich on the package tray when it left the the assembly line" So what! Buy a car today cause you like it not cause it might be worth a gazillion bucks tomorrow Just my two bits, Gerry Charlesworth

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95wagon:
Rare? I don't think I would call 10,000 a rare car! I would consider under a 1000 rare.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as a side not, in true 'collectable' car circles (Duezenbers, etc.) , a production run over over 600 is considered common. Less than 50 is generally considered rare.

Kelly Rosato

1 - 7 of 7 Posts