Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah It Has The Buckets. The Passenger seat is offset so people jump in and slam the door on there ass. and the driver seat is closer to the steering wheel if i had a belly i would have to suck it in to drive. so its just a bracket i have to change because i got a donor car i was thinkin of changing the seats out of that but dint know if they were gonna work

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Offset really depends on which electronic console was used... My '96 had both the Driver and Passenger Front seats offset to clear a wide console... I pulled the passenger side offset brackets(was just flat stock steel with aluminum spacers that were bolted to the Bottom of the Seat, then the Factory Rails were bolted on the other end of the flat stock), which brought the seat closer to the center hump, but I wasn't aware the drivers side was the same until I removed the seat and found the same offset brackets & spacers...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup Its Just My Passenger seat but my drivers seat is pretty close to steering wheel but ill take out eat tonight to see what is under it. my passengers get made when they close the door on them selfs so i wanna change it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine was the same as yours for the Driver's Seat, but it was also offset to the left.... I'm 6'5", and I needed the extra Legroom, but for some reason that thing had less room than my Father's Smaller '79 Monte Carlo(the 78-88 Little A/G Bodies were midsizes, compared to the Fullsize B/D Bodies).... After a few weeks of having my car, after fixing the Passenger Seat, I decided to remove the Driver's Seat, and that's when I found the Offset Brackets...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.