Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at the stickies first to see if I could find and answer, did not so I will ask. Thinking of removing and selling my Impala SS wheels and going with the 9c1 look - black/small caps. I have the stock rims - what are the difference between these and 9c1's? Anybody repro the small caps? And lastly, what was the original stock tires size that came on the 9c1 wheels package? Thx!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Stock Caprice rims with wheel covers are PROBABLY the same as the 9C1 rims. Caps can be found on EBay, your local junkyard, the for sale section here, etc. The original tire size was 225/70/15 with 235/70/15 optional.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Looked at the stickies first to see if I could find and answer, did not so I will ask. Thinking of removing and selling my Impala SS wheels and going with the 9c1 look - black/small caps. I have the stock rims - what are the difference between these and 9c1's? Anybody repro the small caps? And lastly, what was the original stock tires size that came on the 9c1 wheels package? Thx!
where you located?

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
You can also pick up a set of similar looking center caps from JC Whitney (I remember them being identical but i'm not 100%). I believe they are plastic though and went for $40 for a set of 4. Metal ones can, apparently, be cleaned up really well with some steel wool, I believe.

Sean

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Look on the door sticker and see what size tires were originally on your car. If that isdn't readable, use compnine.com. The wheels are known as N97's.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I like the look of N97s also. heres an older pic of mine, painted rustoleum black, I stripped the caps down with "aircraft remover" from rustoleum. spray on wipe off, nice chrome look underneath. 265/60s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all good info, thanks. I am in Pennsylvania - West Chester. My original wheels are socked away in storage so I have to dig them out and look at them. Doubt they have the vents..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts