Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I did an Intake manifold gasket, and I'm not sure I have the hose correct for the EVAP solenoid, as I'm now getting a 0441 code.
Can someone verify which hose goes into the upper and lower connections in the first pic surrounded by the white box

Thx!

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Here

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, can you also show a picture of the second solenoid as shown in the second picture of mine? I'd like to be clear on what vacuum hose goes where.

Is the charcoal canister going to the top port?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Top port goes to intake under the valve cover vent hose (both visible in my pic. Rubber hose pc out from the solenoid, straight section of hard plastic tube, and rubber elbow. Bottom port is as you have it connected, rubber elbow into hard plastic tube leading to canister. I got all the hosing elbows and transitions replaced last year for both my cars (GM part numbers from Carid, or GMPartsDirect or similar using their exploded diagrams).

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I had two hoses swapped; the hose @ the throttle body under the PCV hose to solenoid, and the solenoid to solenoid hose on the solenoid at the center area of the intake, in my close-up second picture.

Two pieces of the hard plastic coming from the charcoal canister broke off in the end of the hose, So next time I'm at the junkyard, I'm going to keep my eyes out for a good donor.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Yah I .jpeg the s**t outta everything when it involves more than ONE connection lol. Take a pc of that tube into a local chain - they usually keep rolls of diff. hoses and tubing for fuel/vacuum/emissions... Go to the same place a few times and scope out the more pleasant/cooperative types. HeShe may let you in back to eyeball a few feet of various types-sizes to build your stash if you time your visit when they ain't busy.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's not really a big deal for the broken hard plastic pieces since I just used more of the existing rubber hose to complete the connection. The hard plastic is good for routing, but then I could always just replace the plastic hose section with a continuous hose.

I haven't scoped anything out just yet for replacing it, since I'm pretty sure 2 of the local yards typically have a few caprice cars. I'll keep an eye out for the roadmasters as well as the fleetwoods.

It'll be a few weeks since we're getting a ton of rain, and there's nothing like walking around in mud at these yards,

Are those two solenoid pieces unique to a '96, or will other years have them as well?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
I vaguely recall some some differences between my '95 FWB and the '96 Impala SS (bracketry or attachment point or solenoid shape or plug...). But that '95 got replaced by my "new" '96 FWB two years ago and these two are the same L/O.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts