Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw pictures of a 96 FW, red outside(72U)and black leather inside(19I-I think).Never seen this combo.Anyone seen this before?Jim

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thats a combo cadillac uses for sevilles and devilles so it doesnt surprise me. My friend has a silver paint and black interior 94 which is the only Ive seen in that combo. And Ive watched fleetwoods on ebay and elsewhere for more than 5 years.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'96 Fleetwood find.......

A cruise night buddy of mine told me about his Grandfather's 96 Fleetwood which has been sitting since 2003!Not even started. Not good. All original from tires up.Has 29k orig miles.Never seen this color combo.Dusty but I bet it would clean up nicely.Not sure what he wants to do with it yet.
Thought I'd share.Has same 72U paint code as my 96 B4U Caprice,which Chevy called Medium Metallic Red.Looks rich on this Fleetwood,imo. Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice survivor. Yep, looks like it would clean up. Probably need to replace just about all the fluids, and maybe even a fuel pump, but it would be a nice low-mileage driver.

I also like the rest of that 'collection', the LS Camaro and the Nova. Nice garage mates!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
THere is one that color with a black carriage roof in my neighborhood, dunno the interior color as I've never stalked it, just watch drive down the road by my house a bunch of times.

Not a fan of carriage roofs but the color combo looks good on this car.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Black interior...

Funny how bad a black interior can look when using flash. Every dust mote shows up. My first car, a 1965 Pontiac LeMans hardtop had the black interior and I thought it looked classy, even if I should have picked the GTO post with the parchment interior, etc. Hinesight...my silver '64 Bonneville two door hardtop had the black bench seat interior. It's been in restoration pieces for years now, with a tri-color blue bucket seat/console interior waiting patiently for me to do something.

Seems the larger the car the less the black interior looks good, to me anyway. Screams livery and shows too much dirt. Maybe if I saw one cleaned up. Got to admit the red and black is a nice combo. Now if it was a hardtop, with the moon/sun roof, it would indeed be a find. We'd be attacking it waving hundred dollar bills, right?

It's hot here but a good time to polish the polish, in small doses, for the upcoming Fourth holiday.

Roll on..
Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Just bought a 1994 in that medium garnet color but mine has burgundy guts.

How much do they want for the 1996?

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He isn't sure what he's going to do with it yet.I'll pass along any updates here if it goes up for sale,though. Jim

·
Registered
37 Posts
http://m.autotrader.ca/a/19_7412591/gallery

Speaking of colours... The above link shows a beautiful 1976 coupe deville in my area that only has 38,000 kms. The exterior is red and the interior is red with white leather seats. What a beautiful car! Crazy colour combo with the white...

img host

·
Registered
495 Posts
ive seen alot of 70s and 80s cadillacs like that. I really like how the seats stand out from the carpet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts