Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I traded a 79 Corvette that turned out to be to much of a project for a 96 Fleetwood Hearse only 43k on it. issue starting came with in a week so did a well needed tuned up and still same issue just cranks but I could get it to start with a 3 turn and then on 4th try to start sometimes it worked did this for about a week now it just wont start. After looking it up I guessed for it to be vats. did the bypass thing and still wont start. any suggestions for what else to check for. Runs like a dream when I can get her started.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
"...did a well needed tuned up..." /Quote

It'll be best that you detail exactly what the tune-up consisted of. 43k is quite low mileage, but still need to attend age and PM items: plugs, hoses, PCV, especially EGR.

Otherwise, and depending on what you touched, and with no other symptoms listed:
Fuel Pump (or Harness)
Distributor (Opti)
TPS
Ground(s)
MAF
Fuel Pump (or Harness)

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Sounds pretty much like my 94 when I first got it. I got it after my mother had mechanics screw around with it for...ages... While it had a bad ground, too, the main problem was a bad Opti.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so not the vats..... after having someone check it out and changing the fuel pump relay still not starting he saying it might be the pump... but its just not starting on its own if I spray it starts and runs fine and will restart after that until it sits....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts