Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having one problem with the door locks. They work just fine with the key FOB and with the switches inside the car. However, they do NOT lock when take it out of park and they do NOT unlock when I put it back in park.
But, when I unlock the driver's door only and then turn on the ignition, the other doors unlock automatically. If I unlock ALL the doors and then start it, there is no indication that that unlock function is activated.
(Yes I know that an unlock function should not happen when I start the car). Since everything else works, I am not sure if a module is defective or not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some research. I find that if the security light does not flash when it is supposed to, that will effect the Park = unlocked, out of Park = locked function. My security light never flashes like it does in my two RMLS. Also, a wildcard: This car has a hidden off switch, which would prevent the car from being started if activated. This was installed by the previous owner. Maybe that installation had an effect on the security flashing, and therefor affects the automatic locking feature.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
I may be able to get a module from a FW. I will be hitting the junk yards this weekend.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking it is the installed switch that is overriding the security system and that affects the automatic door locking system. The doors lock and unlock manually and with the FOB. So, it is just the nuisance of not working as it should otherwise.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
You could try resetting the system.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how to do that. And if I do, will I have to reprogram my key FOBs?

I followed the instructions to have the key on, foot on brake and pressing unlock 4 times within 5 seconds. But when I noticed my security light never flashes when it is supposed to, I realized that step would not be effective anyway.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
You use the fobs to reset the system. The system will allow two fobs. The technique is in the FSM, and possibly the owners manual.

It may require you to ground the reset lead, and then push the button twice on each fob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts