Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a few issues on my 96 bbb. 3 windows are off track or slow to go up and down, and door lock issues as well where one door only opens from the inside, and other door does not lock at all. Also antenna works fine for signal, but does not retract. I am mechanically inclined, but usually intimidated with jobs like glass and door panels. Can I tackle these issues my self, and how do I fix them, sounds like these are common problems on these cars. Thanks

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
Get two rollers for each window, and start replacing the old ones. You can find instruction on the forum. If they are sticking, check the inside wipe for roll under when lowering the glass.

Since you are going to have the door panels off, check the linkage for the locks. You may have one disconnected.

The cable for the antenna is still available. Here is were you can find one: http://www.antennamastsrus.com/GM/Cheverolet/Caprice/Caprice%201991-1996.htm

Instruction for repairing the antenna are on the forum as well. The only "trick" is to position the small white gear correctly. The filled tooth goes between the 4/5 o'clock position with the antenna up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts