Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best type of water pump to use that will fit for a 1996 impala ss with a 5.3 LS swap?
So far I found this:
Walbro High-Pressure Inline Fuel Pumps F30000271

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Are you looking for a water pump or a fuel pump?

I think you need a minimum of 255 LPH, and maybe more depending on the HP you are planning to make. You can get a Walbro 255 (255 LPH) that will fit in the tank. 450 HP will require over 300 LPH. More than 255 LPH, and you are probably going to rework your in tank pickup, because the pump will be larger than the OEM mount. If you use an external pump, you will also be modifying the pickup in the tank, and you must mount the pump below the tank fuel level.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I think you need a minimum of 255 LPH, and maybe more depending on the HP you are planning to make. You can get a Walbro 255 (255 LPH) that will fit in the tank. 450 HP will require over 300 LPH. More than 255 LPH, and you are probably going to rework your in tank pickup, because the pump will be larger than the OEM mount. If you use an external pump, you will also be modifying the pickup in the tank, and you must mount the pump below the tank fuel level.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That helped a lot. It wuzz for a fuel pump and most definitely appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts