Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just changed complete engine harness on 96 Imp LT1 car has plenty of fire but will not crank is it lack of fuel ? or pass key message that comes on and then goes off? need help I'm used to old school 350's like my 72 chevelle or 72 cutlass what have I gotten my self into ??

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
If it won't crank, how do you know it has fire? ...Or , do you mean it crank's over but won't fire up? Have you checked the fuel pressure? Was it running before you changed the harness? These things 14yrs old, the wiring from GM was NOT the best in the world to start with. Check all fuses, grounds, fuel pressure.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Was there a reason you changed the wiring harness? Have you scanned the car for codes? There are inexpensive code readers for OBDII cars like yours. Don't work on these cars without one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we changed harness due to fire from previous owner which burned most of original wiring harness car ran great b4 primed throttle car will crank how ever fuel pump is not coming on at all relay shows to be good as well as fuse hope it may be ground wire or maybe fuel pump not hooked up correctly not sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts