Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GOOD

True DCM Impala SS!
Comes with SS Rims/Tires (two good tires, two are shot)
ZERO Rust (Texas Car)!
Newer front suspension
Clear title.

BAD

Electrical fire damaged up to the dashboard.
Cracked windshield/Broken drivers window
Couple dings on the bottom of the doors and passenger quarter
No front clip
No motor/trans
ZERO interior
No exhaust
No driveshaft
Missing passenger mirror
Missing one center cap

Everything else is intact. I bought it for the complete interior for my wagon and had to talk myself out of keeping it because I have never seen a car this rust free in my life (being an Ohio boy). Great for anyone who wants a TRUE SS or wanting a rust-free roller to start a build.

Due to the overwhelming # of responses, I gotta up the price a little...

Roller without SS wheels... $500
Roller with SS wheels... $700

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Highly Interested, send me a few pics when you get a chance, let me see if I can arrange a Trailer and Truck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
interested also , located in toledo

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pics please very interested. Would you meet half way to NH?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
WOW, smoking deal, absolutely incredible. If you where within a reasonable drive you would have Paypal in your account now. You will have ZERO trouble selling this. I'm glad you got the hookup on this to get the interior for your car!

Way to pass on a great deal to the community!

Doug

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had no idea I would get this response!

I don't know how I am going to decide who gets this thing cause I got like 5 PMs within 4 hours of posting. Don't think it is really fair to give it to the first person calling DIBS. :( I found out last minute that I need to go out of town for work (leaving Sunday) so I won't have time to pull this apart this weekend. Next weekend everything should be ready to go.

Anyway, here are a couple crappy cell phone pics...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price Change

I am getting way too many responses to pick just one, so I bumped the price $200 if you want the SS wheels with the car. Otherwise, I will throw 5x5 steelies on for the $500 price.

Sorry guys, laws of supply and demend.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well then I'll allow it to go to someone who really needs it. I just thought it would be a fun project, but lets be honest I have a few too many of those.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Your a true d-bag!!
Why? he is simply raising the price (very minimally) to weed out those who are not 100% interested. Whether they have other projects or just think an extra $200 is too much (It's not) he narrows down the list of people who really want the car and are really serious.

Also, that car is worth 3 times that in parts as it sits. And the fire damage does not look severe enough to deter someone from building this car back up.

Honestly, I have a parts car that rotted out, If this was within a half days drive I would be on my way Sunday and start putting it back together Monday night.

Doug

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Well this isnt ebay.
He states 500 firm in ad title then he does a d-bag move and ups price. I stand by my words(unlike poster of ad) that the poster is a D-Bag.
kinda gonna have to agree..

let me sell my car and when i get more intrest see how much more money i can get for it...

ya thats fine on clist...close the add create a new one for +200

but on a forum of bbody lovers....**** off

Thanks
Wolf

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Gl with the sell, I dont see anything wrong with raising the price bc it was a great price to start with, heck SS rims go for like 200-400... Gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills etc...

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Well this isnt ebay.
He states 500 firm in ad title then he does a d-bag move and ups price. I stand by my words(unlike poster of ad) that the poster is a D-Bag.
kinda gonna have to agree..

let me sell my car and when i get more intrest see how much more money i can get for it...

ya thats fine on clist...close the add create a new one for +200

but on a forum of bbody lovers....**** off

Thanks
Wolf
I can see were you are both coming from for sure, however I have talked to the seller a few times over the years in PM and he is a good guy. My guess is he got a good deal on this thing, put it up for $500 to pass along a good deal then was bum-rushed for it, so he popped the price up a hair to weed out those who were not 100% interested and cooled down his inbox and could then find a buyer for it.

I could be wrong here, but my money says that whoever is willing to buy that thing at $700 and shows up could probably still get it for $500...I don't think he raised the price because he was greedy, but simply to thin the heard :shrug:

Doug

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
should have thought more about it before listing it than.

$500 firm is 500 firm. Not $700 in hind sight

looks like the same car on michigan CL

fruck that

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Damn rough crowd

All i'm trying to do is come up with a way to give it to one person. How do you pick who to give it to when you get several responses who say they'll give you $500 sight unseen within a few hours? Obviously it was underpriced since this happened.

I'm not as concerned about getting every last dollar, I'm really just trying to weed out some of the "dibbers". If that makes me a d-bag, so be it. And I love how every time someone posts a half way decent deal, somebody's gotta yelp "CL scam".

P.S. Thanks for backing me up Pooge.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.