Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I recall one or two guys doing something like that way back when. I think what they did was get a 94/95 center console and cut it to fit a B&M shifter. It wasn't a plug-n-play, they had to trim parts to fit. But it looked absolutely sick.

·
Registered
Habitual Line-Stepper
2,689 Posts
Kinda off-topic, but:

I feel there are a whole bunch of OEM consoles in newer cars that could be retrofitted to look factory. Especially if one were to make other matching changes to the interior.

I see a future for original OEM consoles in hot rod builds.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
For just an 'upgrade' to oem, search an old poster on here SStealth. He did a slik-as-snot mod to his whole FWB interior, including an Eldorado knob on a '96 floor linkage.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I installed an Hurst Pistol Grip Quarter Stick in my `95 DCM way back in the late `90`s...
Of course Hurst discontinued the 4 speed Pistol Grip model, but the standard Q-stick is still available I believe.

I also put an Hurst Pro-Matic in my `94... They both took a LOT of work to get right, but i think it was worth it!
Vehicle Automotive design Car Fixture Gear shift
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
367 Posts
I installed the Pro-Matic with the Hurst chrome cover over the `94 console at first, but then I decided to go with a `96
I didn`t like the look of the Pistol Grip handle, so I went to the Hurst "sidewinder" Ball with line lock button...

console.
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire
Computer desk Peripheral Personal computer Input device Netbook

• Love
Reactions: toonwarrior
1 - 10 of 10 Posts