Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys I figured I would post up my rebuild so you all could appreciate mine and a good buddy of mines hard work that went into keeping a beautiful car alive and putting it back on the road.

Well the story starts with the car had been sitting for about 8-10 years with no motor no trans but claimed to have 50k on the car (after the guy spun a bearing). So I took a chance and bought it, the undercarriage has no rust whats so ever (suprising for a IL car) anywho lets get to the pictures........

As it sits when I first went to look at it. (poor thing)

Finally Home :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then came finding a good motor to work with! This was all I could find locally at the time for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after tearing down the beat LT1, the next stop was off to the machine shop. (355)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prepping and Spraying the Block

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polishing the intake and paint!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Good to see somebody bringin one back like this..Great work!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After Painting the Block/Oil Pan... Starting to Install the Alum Heads and Timing Cover and Balancer Hub

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Setting the 1.6 Comp Cam RR/Installing the Hardened Trickflow PushRods and Priming the Motor

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Installing the OptiSpark, Harmonic Balancer, Intake and Powder Coated Valve Covers

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installing Electrical Components, Coil, Vacuum lines, TB, Plugs/Wire Routing

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Coming together, Manifolds (Figure the Headers will come later once I work out the bugs and get my bank account back :), Wires Routed (what a job) Sensors, Waterpump, Assessory Brackets and More Electrical

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Started on the Engine bay, Pulling the Harness and Pretty Much Everything else

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Once most of the Engine Bay items were removed I had my dads buddy tow it to his shop and pressure washed and degreased the engine bay to get ready to sanding and prep work for the paint and Por-15

Managed to Spray off 10 years of dust, dirt, leaves and grim off the poor thing. Whatcha Think :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
After some debate I decided to remove the inner fender wells (they werent bad) I took them out and sanded and primed 3 times and painted 3 coats then POR-15'd them so they dont decide to ever rust.

Drying

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sanding and Grinding to get the frame prepped for the POR 15 and Chassis Coat it
Before:

1 - 20 of 168 Posts