Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the grey paint flaking off and showing chrome on my 9C1 center caps. Anyone have a relatively quick process to get all the paint off?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Hey Cash, how about trying a soda blaster? It will remove the paint and not touch the chrome.
Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm. A reason to buy another tool

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Hmmmm. A reason to buy another tool
You're like me in that respect. Tools. Get your Harbor Freight fix.:grin2: I have the HF blaster and got the soda attachment. I used it to remove paint from my spoiler and some of the paint on my car. I didn't have to remove the glass or tape things off.
Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Actually I have a speed blaster that I use with sand. Maybe I can open the nozzle partially and get some soda media.

I'm sure I won't need a 50 lb bag. Going to see where I can get less. Harbor freight and Eastwood are local so I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Apple cider vinegar because it doesn't smell as bad, I tsp salt, a green scrubbie, and an hour of your time.

Jim

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apple cider vinegar because it doesn't smell as bad, I tsp salt, a green scrubbie, and an hour of your time.

Jim
That's what I'm talking about. Soak it in the vinegar or just use it as a lubricant when scrubbing?

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Use it as a lubricant while scrubbing. I don't know why it works better with a tablespoon of salt but it does help.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts