Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an LAPD cop and I bought an ex-LAPD 9C1 LT1. I'm going to try and build the "Worlds Fastest Real Police Car." After Bonneville salt flats i'm to drag race it against the kids on both 1/4 and 1/8 mile.

I intend to run a 9" rear end. How do adapt my Chevy 9C1 rear disc brakes to the Ford housing? I will be using axles w/ Chevy wheel bolt pattern. Thank, any other advise is welcome...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Giant SS has run over 180 MPH at Bonneville with a stock rear-end. If you are worried about breaking an axle check with Navy Lifer about his full floating axle bearing mod.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I was thinking about a 9 inch is the ease of gear ratio change. I can keep different carriers for 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile,and one for top end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can get a ford explorer rear disc brake setup from ford motorsports or from the junkyard.
Some of the ford sites can give you particulars on a explorer disc to nine inch swap.
-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.