Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How reliable are the clusters from a 91-93 9C1? Meaning if I found one at a junkyard what are the odds of the speedo working?

Found a new PnP yard with cheap prices that has two 9C1's with the clusters in them. One is still in the dash so I can get the plugs and all.

Just wondering if they are as reliable as the 94,95 digital cluster, lol.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was. They have the 2 9C1s, one of which is rusted apart and was a Shaheen rebuild. They also have 3 civis, one of which I got a fender from :) They have a 96 that has been picked almost clean.

They also have 2 wagons, one of which has perfect quarters and I need to find a way to remove a section of one, lol.

I like the pricing there and finally found a manual window regulator for my sedan :)

Only thing I didn't like was the idiots that took parts from the cars before me and butchered good usable parts I need in the process.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
That musta been your white(ish) wagon sittin out in the parking lot. My beat to **** 9c1 was sitting 2 rows back from ya.

I scoured over the 96 long ago. I want to cut the quarters out, you could see where our last attempt failed. Didnt mean to break the back glass, we were gonna take that too. I saw the with wagon on the lot, I was drooling over its quarter panel too. Even tho I dont have a wagon I hate to see any useable part go to waste.

The brown and tan indiana sheriffs car had two very nice 9c1 steel wheels with center caps. I got those today.

They guy who patrols around on the gas powered golf cart with a trailer is a pretty cool dude. I asked him about how I could cut some quarters out and he said a saws all is okay, you just cant bring in anything that throws sparks. You can even bring in a generator. I dont know if those ladies behind the counter would let me in with a sawsall or not, some of them are pretty inept "sign say no saw!"

What parts do you need?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whitish is the best way to describe it, lol.

Did you go alone or with a friend? I talked to guy for a minute or so that was pulling panels from the tan/brown 9C1 and he had someone else with him. I was pulling the fender from the red civi since it only had three bolts left. Going back to get the 9C1 hood for my sedan.

I was hoping to find a good tailgate and rear driver door for my wagon but both at the yard are beat up. Mine are ok but the less dent removal on my wagon the better. Also need the lock plate for the floor cover in my wagon. Like to find a good dash cover and front seat for my sedan. Rear bumper cover and support for a wagon. The list goes on and on, lol.

Amen is doing an all you can carry for 50 bucks on the 12th.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sedan has the red interior. Found a Bonnie with red cloth ( I hate leather) but they were too wore out for me. The seats in my car are the most uncomfortable things in the world. Just looking to find something a little better and I don't mind the seats in my 94. Color isn't really a major problem but the seats in the yard were all nasty.

Actually with the amount of Bonnies in that place one could do well pulling all the seats and hooking people up on this board.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
If you are going to use a cordless sawzall, have plenty of blades and batteries. There are some decent parts here in FL. 4 wagons to pick from: 93 Caprice (2), 96 RMW (2). There are a couple little rod holders in the tail gate slider slots...you should grab them. They break, and they are as hard to find as hen's teeth. I got a nice door to fix the ding I put in mine.

I am having the local tech school do the work. I am looking at $200 for about $1500 worth of work...materials only. I bought the parts: door, trim, radiator core support, and PS wheel house. They remove dings and dents, install everything, and I pay for the paint.

I have a matched set of locks for a wagon with key in my for sale thread. I even figured out how to get the rear storage compartment lock cylinder out.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I cut a lower section of quarter panel out of a sedan there once with a cordless drill, a hacksaw and some tin snips. I wasnt easy. In certain areas you can drill out the spot welds and break the bondo seal with a screw driver.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think a cordless drill and small saw should get the job done well. I only need the lower portion from about 6 inches up is all. Mainly spot ewelds holding that portion on and the removal doesn't have to be pretty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.