Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a 9C1, we think one of the cooling fans isn't working, we noticed the middle relay was missing in the under hood fusebox, another relay was added just outside of the fusebox and the fan wiring seemed to be reconfigured through this relay. Was this a factory mod?, how does it change the fan control and what's the easiest way to check the fans short of forcing the car to overheat?

Chris

· Registered
797 Posts
Sounds like the same issue i have with the middle relay missing and the fans being rewired

· Registered
327 Posts
I thought there was a TSB about one of the fan relays starting to melt the box, so it was moved to the outside.
You are right MrBuick (Magnum); there was a TSB and GM sold a kit that moved the relay for the primary (IIRC) fan outside the box.

· Registered
447 Posts
And you should be able to check if both fans work by unplugging the temp sensor in the front of the water pump.
Start the car reach down and pull the plug on the sensor, wait about 10 to 15 seconds and both fans should come on. If not there than you may have a faulty sensor, or another issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.