Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who made these?

I just found the picture on a Google Search on 9C1 sticker and *assume* that it goes where the Covette Emblem is on the LT1 Corvette Fuel Rail Covers.

A pair of these would go really well on a build I'm working on right now.

-Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Never seen those before and strongly suspect that is not a GM Decal but something someone made up. The Vette rail covers (I believe) has this logo stamped into the part. I'd have to take a closer look at mine to confirm.

But I think that overall Logo is strickly Corvette and not for a 9C1 car. Attached are a couple of pics that show my Vette Rail covers along with the Corvette Steering Wheel Emblem I used on the 96 Console instead of the Impala Logo.

YOu could try and reach out to someone who deos custom Vinyl Graphics and see what he could make up. Can't remember his name but I used him for Custom Center Cap decals on the wheels and others have used him as well. If you search for him, you should find him and contact info.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Just took a close look at the Vette rail covers and the logo is more than just a decal. I didn't take off the cover to look at the backside, but these appear to be molded into the cover and are slightly raised from the cover.

As for the decals, I found this link which has all his contact info....

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/11660961-post3.html

...his handle here is MaximuSS and the link also has other contact info for him. My center cap decals are still holding up well. Not sure how this material may hold up to engine heat but worth discussing with him your intentions for these as he may use other materials.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just hoping it was something that came out of here.

Yeah, @MaximuSS has done a LOT of cool stuff here. I just saw the shape of these and knw instantly that it was the same *shape* as the Corvette Logo, and assumed that someone had made them to put in the hole. (I used Buick B-pillar emblems in mine).

Figured that one of the 9C1 guys in here may have seen them around or known who did them. If a 9C1 sticker deal was going on here, I'd never have seen it over in the Wagon forum.

-Scott

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts