Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my car has been running great everyday...new spark plugs,,wires water pump radiator. alternator....and i knew i had a cracked ICM...(ignition control module)....but it ran good anyways....yest i started messing with it....and it cracked more... so i drove it around the neighborhood and it stalled out after 2min.....and would not start.....so i replaced it and cleaned the housing and got a new one from chevrolet. and put it on.....but would not start......and i can not hear my fuel pump reacting when i turn the ignition on....Do you think it could have shorted out the fuel pump? or a fuse to the fuel pump.???? which i ddont think there is....but i can not hear the fuel pump reacting....???? Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, check fuel pressure at the rail, should be between 42-47 PSI, there is a fuse for the fuel pump, it's a 15 amp in the little fuse box in the engine compartment( the diagram says F/P ) Also, look in your trunk, there's a ground wire that hooks into the trunk lid at the hinge, if it's off, your fuel pump will not run, found that out on my 9C1 today:D There is also a fuel pump relay, check that too...

Tony

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just had my nephew do a ton of maintenance on my 138,000 Roadmaster. I encouraged him to keep it a few days and drive it to work just to let him get a feel for any other needed service.
He called me the second day- no start.

He tested the systems and found spark at the coil and no spark at the plugs. I told him I had seen some negative comments on ignition rotors here. A new cap and rotor; and it fired right up.

Funny how things just happen by coincidence. He made all new brake lines, put on new mufflers, O2 sensors, belts, fuel filter, rear end fluid changed, and probably other stuff I forget. Then Poof! the rotor screws up. I already had a new water pump on the shelf.

I had been looking for a replacement car for about a year. Nothing rang the bell except the Pontiac G8 GT. I figured a $4,000 budget for my Roadmaster would make me a car I would be most happy with. We still have $3,000 or so in the kitty. I'm happy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, check fuel pressure at the rail, should be between 42-47 PSI, there is a fuse for the fuel pump, it's a 15 amp in the little fuse box in the engine compartment( the diagram says F/P ) Also, look in your trunk, there's a ground wire that hooks into the trunk lid at the hinge, if it's off, your fuel pump will not run, found that out on my 9C1 today:D There is also a fuel pump relay, check that too...

Tony

OK that helps alot, thanks...but where is the fuel pump relay located???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can hear the fuel pump and the injectors, when applying a wire to the prime connector and positive battery. could it be the relay that has gone bad? bc the fuel pump and fuse seem to be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts