Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my car has been running great everyday...new spark plugs,,wires water pump radiator. alternator....and i knew i had a cracked ICM...(ignition control module)....but it ran good anyways....yest i started messing with it....and it cracked more... so i drove it around the neighborhood and it stalled out after 2min.....and would not start.....so i replaced it and cleaned the housing and got a new one from chevrolet. and put it on.....but would not start......and i can not hear my fuel pump reacting when i turn the ignition on....Do you think it could have shorted out the fuel pump? or a fuse to the fuel pump.???? which i ddont think there is....but i can not hear the fuel pump reacting....???? Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, check fuel pressure at the rail, should be between 42-47 PSI, there is a fuse for the fuel pump, it's a 15 amp in the little fuse box in the engine compartment( the diagram says F/P ) Also, look in your trunk, there's a ground wire that hooks into the trunk lid at the hinge, if it's off, your fuel pump will not run, found that out on my 9C1 today:D There is also a fuel pump relay, check that too...

Tony

OK that helps alot, thanks...but where is the fuel pump relay located???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can hear the fuel pump and the injectors, when applying a wire to the prime connector and positive battery. could it be the relay that has gone bad? bc the fuel pump and fuse seem to be ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.